If you walk around the streets of Oklahoma City, it is quite likely that you will come across many acupuncture clinics. These clinics must have become operational over the past few decades. There are thousands of people who believe in the rejuvenating power of acupuncture. They believe that it makes them feel stronger and more energetic after each session. Acupuncture is also now being recommended for treating many chronic medical conditions that are perhaps not curable the conventional way. This is because most of the conventional methods of treatment are symptomatic and it is the body that eventually heals the root cause of the problem.
However, this is not the case as far as acupuncture is concerned. It targets the root cause of the problem and tries to cure it completely rather than offering superficial benefits. But there are some downsides associated with acupuncture in OKC. We will have a brief look at the pros and cons of acupuncture so that our readers and potential customers have a good idea about the same. It will help them to make a decision based on knowledge and information.
Advantages of Acupuncture
- It improves energy levels. Acupuncture is known for its rejuvenating power and there are dozens of people who mention that they feel energized and healthy after they have undergone a session. This could be because of the release of stress and also perhaps because acupuncture canhelp reduce pain and inflammation in various parts of the body. Worries are also a big reason for fatigue and tiredness and this can be controlled with acupuncture.
- Free from side effects. Most of the treatment methods are dependent on medications, surgeries, procedures and often put the body under the knife. However, this is not the case with acupuncture and chiropractic Therefore, many patients are favorably inclined towards acupuncture because of obvious reasons.
- Therapeutic treatments are offered. Patients suffer from vomiting, nausea, migraines, stomach problems and other such chronic and acute conditions get good relief through acupuncture procedure. Though the belief levels are not very high, those who have tried it out have reasons to feel happy about the therapeutic benefits associated with acupuncture.
- It can go hand in hand with traditional treatments. The good thing about acupuncture as well as chiropractic treatment is that both the methods can go well with conventional treatments. They are akin to herbal therapies, taking supplements and other such complementary medications. For example, if a person is suffering from chronic migraine, he or she can continue with medications while also trying out acupuncture as a supportive option.
Cons of Acupuncture
- It could lead to infections. Acupuncture involves the insertion of needles in various pressure points of the body. The needles have to be 100% disinfected and even the slightest carelessness in disinfection could lead to various problems. There have been instances where patients have had to suffer unwanted infections because of faulty needles and the risks that they carry with them.
- Success is not guaranteed. Just like any other medical processes, acupuncture does not guarantee results at all points in time. For a few, it has not been beneficial in any manner whatsoever, and some people have come back disappointed without any big change in their condition even after running through the entire process.
However, in spite of some drawbacks and lack of research findings, acupuncture has stood the test of time for thousands of years and it has its constituency of followers.
Elledge Chiropractic & Acupuncture
5715 N Western Ave #B
Phone: (405) 858-2225
If you are from Frisco or other parts of the country, it is quite obvious that you would have come across chiropractors. While many would know the kind of services offered by these professionals, others may not know much about them. We will try and find answers to the question as to what does a chiropractor does. There are many services offered by these professionals that we may not be aware of. We are listing down some of the main reasons as to why it makes sense to hire the services of chiropractor in Frisco. We are sure it will be a great way to get some useful and pertinent knowledge about chiropractors. We are sure that such knowledge and information will come in handy when you need them the most. They are also known as DC or Doctors of Chiropractic Medicine. They are capable of wearing many hats as far as their services and careers are concerned. They offer services that go much beyond taking care of problems related to backs, necks and also adjustment of hips.
What Do They Do
In most cases, a DC uses a technique known as a chiropractic adjustment. This is manipulation of the spine. This may help in realigning the joints and bones of the backs of patients. They deftly used their hands and help in delivering a low-amplitude and high-velocity thrust. This is also referred to as HVLA and it is applied to our spine. Many of us might think that applying force to a sore joint could prove to be counterproductive. However, these professionals know how to do it professionals and they help to dislodge stuck joints. They are experts in restoring frozen joints without resulting in further injury to the backs.
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Chiropractic care can come in very handy when it comes to treating a wide variety of injuries that are a part of sports careers. These include strained tendons, torn muscles, and ligaments that are strained. Additionally, they also could be very useful in treating the following types of injuries.
Whiplash: Qualified and experienced DCs can effectively treat various injuries that impact the spine. Whiplash is one such common injury and it occurs when the head whips back on the impact caused by an accident. This leads to injuries and soreness on the axis of the neck. This can be treated and the condition reversed by these professionals.
Migraines and Sciatica
Migraine pains are very intense and they often occur because of neck pain. These types of pains can be effectively treated with the help of chiropractic treatment. Sciatica is a type of pinched nerve syndrome. This is often caused because of improper alignment of the lumbar spine. Chiropractors in Plano TX make use of the HVLA technique to ease and reverse various symptoms associated with sciatica.
This is a disorder when the fascia that keeps the muscles together suffers from inflammation. This leads to what is referred to as adhesions or painful knots. A chiropractor can help in releasing these trigger points.
Apart from the above that are referred to as adjustments, they also offer simple therapies for muscle pain, hydrotherapy, hot and cold water therapy amongst others.
Taylor Family Chiropractic
Address:8501 Wade Blvd #240
We often come across many people in and around Owasso, Oklahoma who are quite happy spending money on chiropractic care professionals for their entire family. It might look a bit weird for a few who are not fully aware of the advantages associated with the hiring of Owasso family chiropractor. We, therefore, thought it fit to give some information about the need for chiropractic professionals and the various advantages in hiring them not only for you but for your entire family.
Who Is a Chiropractic Professional?
He or she is a health care professional who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of various neuromuscular disorders. They are known for their emphasis on treating the patients with the help of careful manipulations and adjustments of the spine. Their main objective is to reduce pain for their patients and also educate them on the importance of being self-sufficient. They do so by teaching the patients some doable exercises, therapies and ergonomics based on the condition, age and other factors. Their role is becoming quite popular as the overall health condition goes down for many patients. This is mainly because of changing lifestyles, food habits, sedentary habits and lack of exercise that leads to obesity and overweight problems. We are happy to share some of the main advantages of hiring these professionals.
They Help In Natural Recovery
- The good thing about the chiropractic approach is that it is very safe and natural. Chiropractors do not use surgery, medications, injections or other types of invasive methods. The focus is on helping the body to heal naturally just by manipulating joints, muscles, tissues, and bones.
- It could help in treating ear infections in children naturally. Many children have been prescribed antibiotics which comes with a number of sideeffects. There are many instances where the infection levels of Otitis media have come down quite a bit after consistent chiropractic care.
- It could help to boost immunity. There are studies to corroborate this. With proper chiropractic care, it could lead to a reduction of certain chemicals and hormones that lead to inflammation and other such problems. Chiropractic approaches could also lead to an improvement in the production of leukocytes and they do play a big role in helping white blood cells to fight off disease.
- Taking care of digestive problems. People, who suffer from impaired digestive problems, often visit chiropractor in Owasso and the results are quite impressive.
- Better quality of sleep. Many people suffer from spinal pain and back pain and this leads to impaired sleep. With chiropractic care, pain and discomfort can be managed quite efficiently. This, in turn, leads to a much better quality of sleep leading to an overall improvement in health.
- You also could lower blood pressure. Many people suffer from high blood pressure because of the wrong alignment of the spine. This impacts their overall body function and could impact the blood pressure negative. Experienced chiropractic professionals with their deft manipulations could help to bring back the spine back to its normal position.
Given the above facts, it is quite obvious that there are several benefits and advantages in seeking help from experienced and qualified chiropractic professionals. It could help you to lead a much better quality of life.
Contact Owasso Chiropractor:
Address:12899 E 76th St N #101
Phone: (918) 272-0444