If you walk around the streets of Oklahoma City, it is quite likely that you will come across many acupuncture clinics. These clinics must have become operational over the past few decades. There are thousands of people who believe in the rejuvenating power of acupuncture. They believe that it makes them feel stronger and more energetic after each session. Acupuncture is also now being recommended for treating many chronic medical conditions that are perhaps not curable the conventional way. This is because most of the conventional methods of treatment are symptomatic and it is the body that eventually heals the root cause of the problem.
However, this is not the case as far as acupuncture is concerned. It targets the root cause of the problem and tries to cure it completely rather than offering superficial benefits. But there are some downsides associated with acupuncture in OKC. We will have a brief look at the pros and cons of acupuncture so that our readers and potential customers have a good idea about the same. It will help them to make a decision based on knowledge and information.
Advantages of Acupuncture
- It improves energy levels. Acupuncture is known for its rejuvenating power and there are dozens of people who mention that they feel energized and healthy after they have undergone a session. This could be because of the release of stress and also perhaps because acupuncture canhelp reduce pain and inflammation in various parts of the body. Worries are also a big reason for fatigue and tiredness and this can be controlled with acupuncture.
- Free from side effects. Most of the treatment methods are dependent on medications, surgeries, procedures and often put the body under the knife. However, this is not the case with acupuncture and chiropractic Therefore, many patients are favorably inclined towards acupuncture because of obvious reasons.
- Therapeutic treatments are offered. Patients suffer from vomiting, nausea, migraines, stomach problems and other such chronic and acute conditions get good relief through acupuncture procedure. Though the belief levels are not very high, those who have tried it out have reasons to feel happy about the therapeutic benefits associated with acupuncture.
- It can go hand in hand with traditional treatments. The good thing about acupuncture as well as chiropractic treatment is that both the methods can go well with conventional treatments. They are akin to herbal therapies, taking supplements and other such complementary medications. For example, if a person is suffering from chronic migraine, he or she can continue with medications while also trying out acupuncture as a supportive option.
Cons of Acupuncture
- It could lead to infections. Acupuncture involves the insertion of needles in various pressure points of the body. The needles have to be 100% disinfected and even the slightest carelessness in disinfection could lead to various problems. There have been instances where patients have had to suffer unwanted infections because of faulty needles and the risks that they carry with them.
- Success is not guaranteed. Just like any other medical processes, acupuncture does not guarantee results at all points in time. For a few, it has not been beneficial in any manner whatsoever, and some people have come back disappointed without any big change in their condition even after running through the entire process.
However, in spite of some drawbacks and lack of research findings, acupuncture has stood the test of time for thousands of years and it has its constituency of followers.
Elledge Chiropractic & Acupuncture Offers Following Services :
Elledge Chiropractic & Acupuncture Address: 5715 N Western Ave #B Oklahoma City, OK Phone: (405) 858-2225