Crowded teeth, crooked teeth or teeth that are not properly aligned could because of major problem and embarrassment. Therefore, each one of us who suffer from such a problem would like to get it corrected as early as possible. Braces are often considered to be one of the most popular solutions but they have their own set of problems. They are not suitable for those who would like to be discreet when it comes to correcting the problem of crooked teeth or crowded teeth or teeth that are spread across all over the place.
The younger generation and more advanced segments of customers are comfortable with another choice and it is Invisalign. This is becoming the preferred choice for addressing the problems of teeth as mentioned above. As the name itself suggests, this form of correction of teeth is invisible. The device that is used is transparent and clear. Hence, it would be interesting to have a clear idea as to what it is all about. It also would be interesting to have a look at the pros and cons of Invisalign so that the readers are able to get correct and factual information about this modern method of treatment.
What Is Invisalign
This is basically a custom-made aligner that has to be interchanged once every two weeks. This process could continue for six to eighteen months and in some cases, it also could be longer. This would depend on the complexity and severity of misalignment of teeth. This is an orthodontic treatment to help properly align and also move teeth to the right place so that it could offer a beautiful and clean smile. The aligner is computer generated and is made from a mold taking into account the structure and build of the patient’s teeth. Hence each Invisalign aligner is suitable for a single patient only.
Pros Of Invisalign
- It is comfortable. Compared to braces, Invisalign is much more comfortable to wear. This is because of the absence of brackets or wires. It also does not have any sharp edges that could irritate or damage the teeth, gums or even the insides of the mouth.
- Because is clear and transparent, it looks attractive and your mouth will be free from metal. They look more attractive to the eye and unless you tell your friend, he or she may not be able to make out that your teeth have been fitted with Invisalign.
- It is convenient and this again is because it does not have metal braces. Managing braces is a tough task for most.
- It can be removed. Users of Invisalign can remove it for brushing teeth, eating and also for flossing. This cannot be done with braces. You can practice better oral hygiene and also eat the food that you love.
- It is expensive and could cost anything from $3,500 to $8,000.
- Increased number of attachments has become the norm of the day.
- It should be worn at least 22 hours a day.
- Initially, you could experience pain and tooth discomfort.
Nanda Orthodontics Address:17200 N May Ave Suite 300, Edmond, OK Phone: (405) 330-9911