A health care professional who diagnoses and treats the disorders in neuromuscular regions by manipulating the spine or adjusting the spine manually is known as a Chiropractor. Most of these health care providers help in improving the functionality and reducing the pain of their patients along with educating them about the ways to take care of their health themselves and treating back pain through ergonomics, exercises, and various therapies.
Fundamental goals and beliefs of chiropractic treatment
- Chiropractors mainly focus on the relationship between one’s spine and nervous system. The truth of this concept is based on certain beliefs like:
- One’s nervous system can be affected due to structural and biochemical disarrangement of the spine
- The treatment provided by the Plano chiropractors can help in restoring the structural harmony of the spine in many conditions to improve the health of the patient and reduce pressure on neurological tissues that are sensitive.
- The concept of chiropractic treatment is based on reestablishing the normal mobility of the spine which can reestablish the changed reflexes or reduce the irritation in the spinal nerves.
Conditions treated by chiropractors
Chiropractors treat various types of patients by using various non-surgical methods like:
- Neck pain
- Sciatica or pain in lower back or leg
- Repetitive strains
- Injuries in a car accident
- Arthritic pain
- Sports injuries
Chiropractic treatments for pain in the lower back
Chiropractors normally use non-surgical methods to treat various types of disorders in the musculoskeletal system or nervous system of the patients. Usually, they focus on manipulating the spine as well as on treating its surrounding areas.
It has been proved through various studies that the pain in the lower back can be treated effectively by chiropractors by using manual therapies along with treating the herniated disc of lumbar for treating neck pain and other conditions through radiculopathy.
Actually, when chiropractors treat a patient with chronic pain in lower back then the continuous manipulation of the spine can help in getting long term relief after using intensive manipulation therapy initially.
Main chiropractic treatment of lower back pain
The manual therapy used by chiropractors as the core treatment of pain in the lower back may include:
Manual manipulation of the spine: The manual manipulation of this type can also be done by applying thrust with short lever arm at high velocity to improve the functionality of the abnormal vertebra, restoring the range of motion of the back and reducing irritability in the nerves.
To know more about the chiropractic treatment of pain in lower back you will have to go through literature supporting it. The guidelines published in these books can be included in the chiropractic treatment of pain in the lower back.
Mobilization of the affected areas: The meaning of mobilization in chiropractic treatment is stretching and movement of the joints and muscles, and manipulation of the spine at low speed to increase the extent of motion of the affected areas.
Thus, a chiropractor can treat a number of health conditions by using non-surgical therapies and manipulating the spine manually. The effect of these therapies can be long-lasting if used continuously for some time.
Taylor Family Chiropractic Address: 8501 Wade Blvd #240, Frisco, TX Phone: 214-387-7883